1) Bitching about the fact that I only post Carnival content, do you see the name of this website and social media pages? It’s Trinidad CARNIVAL Diary, we talk Carnival 365 days a year, if you didn’t know before, you know now.
2) Complaining about how gainfully employed adults spend their money. Everyone’s financial situation isn’t the same . Some people can actually afford their Carnival flight , accommodation, costume and fete tickets without taking a loan with a surplus of savings in the bank.
3) Not accepting that Trinis don’t only come in one hue. When you don’t see a Trinidadian who doesn’t have dark skin or kinky hair their nationality is questioned, it’s time to embrace our cosmopolitan society.
4) Focusing on models rather than the product, if you are waiting on a model to represent exactly who you are you will have a long wait. The pool of models locally is small , especially for band launches. You will see the same models at every launch . It isn’t a conspiracy.
5) Protesting against committees from private organizations. A Carnival Band doesn’t have to open registration to the public if they choose not to. They are free to utilize their committee to sell their band. Instead of fighting to get in why not move on to another band where registration is easy.
6) The belief that you can only enjoy yourself if you get into ONE particular band for Carnival . Newsflash that was so 2004. 10 years later I can attest to the fact of having enjoyed myself just as much in many other bands since my die hard days which ended in 2010.
7) Trying to pigeon hole “real mas” and talking about the old time days. They are not coming back, the past is history. Carnival is a reflection of society and the changes are represented as such. Carnival is supposed to be a time of euphoria and a no judgement zone, stop trying to define how I play my mas and what my Carnival means to me.
8) Women hating on other women online. It’s an ugly, jealousy fueled, insecure look. Stop it.
9) Patronizing fetes where you have to beg somebody to buy a ticket. Why ? Is it always worth it ?
10) The words “basic”, “epic”, “bae” and “fleek”.