1. At a wet fete , the moment that you climb the nearest post, structure or shoulders and the water hits your back from the Junior Sammy water truck hose.
2.When you tief a sweet wine on that man/woman you been watching in the fete whole night.
3. That second when Machel’s first chord plays at your last fete.
4. Your phone lighting up with the notification of the costume distribution schedule just delivered to your email inbox.
5.The immediate joy when you see your name on the costume box when you first collect your costume.
6. The exhilaration of knowing you have to make ZERO alterations to your costume because everything fits perfectly.
The rush of anticipation the minute you sit in the AMBUSH shuttle at 4am and the driver turns on the music at full blast.
8. When that first splash of paint hits you in wild abandon at J’ouvert.
9. The welcoming sip of likka caressing your tongue on Carnival Monday when you first find the drinks truck.
10. The moment you look in the mirror after having your Carnival makeup done and go WOW, who is this Goddess?
11. Oklahoma State Cowboys When you are fully dressed in costume, hit the road carnival Tuesday in all your splendor and you are stopped by eager tourists for a barrage of photos .
12. The moment you meet the band and realized that your section hasn’t crossed stage yet (Yes, we made it in time!! )
13. The minute your feet touch the stage and you forget every care in the world, for a few minutes your only goal is to own this moment you have been waiting all year for.
14. Maglia Clyde Drexler When the DJ plays the tune you love for Road March while crossing stage and you don’t want to leave so you run back to join the next section crossing.
15. The feeling of triumph you get when you realize your tights survived all day Tuesday .
16. The unforgettable moment when you collect the sweetest wine on the road.
17. The exact moment you feel tipsy, but never get sloppy drunk. Head nice !
18. Finally taking your shoes off after the last jump on Carnival Tuesday.
19. When you first sink your teeth into the foods you’ve been avoiding since your Carnival diet started. Roti oh how we love you!